Informative, provocative, touching, and entertaining, this books essays are written with the insight of a designer, the hunger for knowledge of a scholar, and the sophistication of a seasoned social commentator. The authors range of topics runs the gamut from magazine design, resort architecture, and consumerism to typography and exhibit design, conveyed in witty and insightful text that will appeal to anyone who takes an interest in popular culture and the design of places, spaces, and products. Vronique Vienne, a former exhibit designer and magazine art director who now writes about design and cultural trends for many publications, lives in Brooklyn, New York.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1888001763/qid=1042127122/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-6798187-2404753?v=glance&s=books
Wednesday, January 8, 2003
Popular Posts
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
I had the pleasure to attend the IBM Think conference in wet and chilly San Fran from Feb 11-14th of this year. The event overall was ...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...