Tuesday, April 2, 2002

Jesus and Mary Chain Greatest Hits Album Coming!

Three years after their mid-concert breakup, the Jesus and Mary Chain will release the aptly titled 21 Singles compilation on June 4th. The collection spans the Scottish bands six-album, fifteen-year career, anchored by stalwarts such as "You Trip Me Up", "Just Like Honey" and "Sometimes Always," a duet with former Mazzy Star singer Hope Sandoval.Also included are "I Love Rock & Roll" and "I Hate Rock & Roll," which neatly sum up singer Jim Reid and his brother William Reids polar opposite viewpoints. "That particular song was a reply to Williams," Jim Reid told Rolling Stone of "I Love Rock & Roll." "He wrote "I Hate Rock & Roll," which is about all the kind of uncomfortable stuff you have to do when youre in a band, stuff that you might not want to do. It doesnt feel good, and its sort of the business end of what you have to do. It was a great song, and I just thought, Yeah, but its kind of incomplete. So, I sort of made a flip side, a reply to it. He wrote hate, I wrote love."
http://music.yahoo.com/launch/news/rolling_stone/story.html?a=n/music/launch/news/rolling_stone/rock/20020402/11/p1&b=n/music/launch/news/rolling_stone/rock/20020402/11/p2

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook