Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Three Kinds Of Days

After being promoted, I've realized that I have three kinds of days.

The first kind of day is the day I know from the start is going to be a shit show.

The second kind of day is the day I think is going to be good, and turns into a shit show.

The third kind of day is the one that I think is going to be a shit show, and turns out to be good.

Today's looking to be the third kind of day.

Regular morning. Up at 6AM, shower, shave, make my morning cappa, and off to work I go. I have an 8AM critical meeting, so I drove in.

Sometimes I'll drive half the way in and then jump on a little used bus I know about to avoid the parking fees and to give myself some email catchup time. But today, no time.

Well, into the meeting madness I go. Regular confusion with process going on, luckily I think I got it all out of the fire. Quick break for lunch, and then back at it for the afternoon meetings.

Important late afternoon meeting with my boss' boss, then home to see a buddy I haven't seen in a year, and then pack for San Fran - leaving tomorrow!

Whew.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook