Friday, February 27, 2009

New Role @ Work

After a year of hell, I've been given a reprieve. I've spent the last year dealing with contracts, negotiation, budgeting, and conflict resolution -- and learned a hell of a lot; spending your day with directors and VPs teaches you more about the inner workings of corporations than almost anything can. But simply put, our agreement with IBM simply has not lived up to either side's expectations... and spending your days arguing is no way to live.

But now I'm done. We're taking projects back in-house and I am rebuilding a soup to nuts application team. Solution design all the way to handover. SAP, non-SAP, anything with code.

And I can't wait. This is what I do well. Plan, see through bullshit, deploy resources, and execute. I know what needs to be done and how to do it. I know who needs to help. 

And for the first time in my career there's no one standing in my way.


Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook