Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ghost Rider

I'll admit, I'm a Ghost Rider fan from way back. My uncle was kind of a hippie biker type when he was young, and I thought he was very cool. And so I read the odd Ghost Rider when I could hide them from my mom. This was back in the day when he looked like this:

ghost_rider_1_400 

He was very cool... the "spirit of vengeance" posessed by a demon that took out guys that spilt innocent's blood. How cool is that?

Now we have this Ghost Rider:

ghost_rider_trailer_400

Cage's character was actually a pretty good take on Johnny Blaze, the one I grew up with. This wasn't a great movie. Eva Mendez did not do a great job and was not a very memorable or believable love interest. I think they just should've kept her out of it, it made the plot too cumbersome and silly.

ghostrider2lrg_400 

The villains were stupid. There, I said it. Mephestopholes (the devil) was boring, not evil, and his "son" was the main enemy fought by GR during the movie. He was just a punky kid with some loser friends... and you didn't care when he won, when he lost, or how he died. 

 

ghost_rider_04_400
 

 

 This movie wasn't bad. Worth a watch if you're a fan. The effects were cool, and Cage was good... really funny actually.


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259324/

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook