Russia is ready to send human beings to Mars, and will begin detailed planning to do so.This announcement was made to a London newspaper reporter by a Russian official, the chief of a once-secret space science institute. The official, Anatoli Grigoriev, surprised his international colleagues earlier this month with the prediction that a crew from Russia will be enroute to Mars as early as 2016."Our engineers believe we can do this by 2020 and, from a medical point of view, there are no big hurdles left to hinder such a mission,? Professor Grigoriev said. "Russia can offer a complete medical support system for a mission to Mars. This is recognized not just here but also in Houston."
http://www.marsnews.com/news/20010420-russia.manned.html
Thursday, September 26, 2002
Popular Posts
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
I'm always fascinated by ways to get stuff done, particularly at work. It's changed quite a bit since I've been in my current r...
-
Good, good movie in every sense of the term. 8/10. http://www.newvoyages.com
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...