One of Nasas space probes appears to be missing. The science probe was scheduled to depart Earth orbit on Thursday for a 2003 encounter with a comet. The Comet Nucleus Tour, or Contour, spacecraft was to have fired its manoeuvering engine at 2349 GMT on Wednesday for 50 seconds and contact its ground control team at the Johns Hopkins University in Laurel, Maryland, 45 minutes later.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2196102.stm
Sunday, August 18, 2002
Popular Posts
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
I had the pleasure to attend the IBM Think conference in wet and chilly San Fran from Feb 11-14th of this year. The event overall was ...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...