Once the minefield is employed, the individual mines begin to assemble into a completely ad-hoc network. By exploiting novel networking approaches and the close mine-to-mine distances, the minefield network is able to self-assemble in less than five minutes. In parallel to the assembly process, the minefield self-maps the location of all mines in the minefield. This local mapping can be achieved without access to the Global Positioning System (GPS). An absolute position of all mines within the minefield can be determined by onboard GPS, but this is not necessary for the standard functions of the minefield.
http://www.darpa.mil/ato/programs/SHM/shmdemo.swf
Tuesday, August 13, 2002
Popular Posts
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
I had the pleasure to attend the IBM Think conference in wet and chilly San Fran from Feb 11-14th of this year. The event overall was ...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...