NASAs Chandra Observatory has observed a suspected black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy, but that discovery has only raised new questions."Theres no other way we can think of that active galactic nuclei (AGNs) could put out so much energy," said Donald Kniffen, Chandra program scientist at NASAs Office of Space Science.
http://www.cosmiverse.com/space02220204.html
Thursday, February 21, 2002
Popular Posts
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
Let me make this clear. This is a long book. Weighing in at just under one thousand pages and probably a pound and a half this book takes ...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...
-
It was a warm fall in Drayton Valley. I was in Grade 7, the year was 1983. America had just put it’s first woman in space on the shu...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...