Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another Aikido Seminar Come and Gone

It's always weird going back to the old dojo for a seminar. Great to see Sensei and the guys but I always have the oddest feeling walking back through those doors.

I wish that things could have been different. And that we knew what we were getting into when we put the place together. So many people, so much time. I remember sanding the wood floor by hand twice by myself.

But after everything, everyone was still great to me which is more than I can expect. And Sensei was great even though his health was starting to degrade.

One sad part: a couple of the guys I've trained with for years have loved ones in Japan in the areas affected by the earthquake and had been having trouble getting in touch with them. Turns out everyone's OK but there were some scary moments.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook