Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Brad Cooper Indicted for Murder

This is freaky.

Brad was a friend of mine. A friend of my ex's more but I did go through university with this guy. Spent many classes together, many late nights in the compsci bunker underneath math sciences.

Pissed him off more than a few times, and man was he a hot head. I remember one time we ordered pizza together at our place. The pizza was an hour late and of course it ended up being free. The pizza guy finally showed up and Brad freaked on him when he complained about it being free. Brad actually pushed the guy out of my apartment, throwing him into the wall across from the door.

Another time we were playing a video game together to blow off some stress from school. He was very competitive and had the very much upper hand in this round of playing command and conquer by virtue of where he started on the map. Knowing I couldn't beat him in a fair fight, I threw my meager troops against his front door while I snuck in a bunch of engineers through the back gate and took over his main buildings and immediatly sold him off -- so he couldn't win. The line went "click" (we were playing over a modem) and he didn't speak to me for days.

Another time he threw me off a project we were working on together -- not because I didn't deliver but because I didn't put in the same amount of time that he did. I was working full-time at the time writing C code, which we were using on the project which meant that I could bash it out pretty quickly and reasonably bug free and faster than he could. So of course, I got it wrapped up by myself anyway in a few hours and got an A, which pissed him off even more. We didn't hang out after that.

Now I find out that after he split with his girlfriend at the time, he got married and moved to the US. He cheated on his wife (just like he had cheated on his girlfriend repeatedly when I new him) and she was going to leave him with her two kids back to Canada.

So apparently he killed her. Remember this is a guy I've had in my home many times.


http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=5e298fc7-cd30-449b-84d0-a2b5b21de9b3

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook