theres the question of whether the industry reflects popular taste. At the height of the economic bubble, the labels made millions off the bubblegum music craze. In 2000, pop queen Brittany Spears alone sold 7.89 million albums. And that earned her the No. 3 spot on the charts, after rapper Eminem, and her then-boyfriend Justin Timberlakes group, NSync, which sold 9.93 million albums. In 2002, Michael Jacksons Invincible "bombed," selling only 2 million copies. "The industry hasnt yet found anything new to catch the publics imagination," says Rolling Stones Brackett.
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/feb2003/tc20030213_9095_tc078.htm
Popular Posts
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
I had the pleasure to attend the IBM Think conference in wet and chilly San Fran from Feb 11-14th of this year. The event overall was ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...
-
I'm always fascinated by ways to get stuff done, particularly at work. It's changed quite a bit since I've been in my current r...