Okay, time to get to the point: Its harder than ever these days to stay cool in our one-hit wonder world, where there are so many possibilities being thrust upon us. Marketers, advertisers, PR agencies, publishers, politicians, corporations, sports owners and webmasters are constantly trying to figure out not only how to build hype around something, but also to keep it. As theyve found, building a loyal following for any extended period of time is an absolute bitch to do. The cool market is super-saturated. Because of technology -- the multi-channel universe, the web, email, instant messaging, cellphones -- culture moves faster than it ever has, and its hard to keep up with Whats Hot and Whats Not (are those lists still cool?). By the time you find out somethings killer, tight, mint or dope, its pretty much had its day. Cool things get 15 seconds these days, not 15 minutes.
http://www.shift.com/content/web/18/1.html
Thursday, May 9, 2002
Popular Posts
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
I'm always fascinated by ways to get stuff done, particularly at work. It's changed quite a bit since I've been in my current r...
-
Good, good movie in every sense of the term. 8/10. http://www.newvoyages.com