The amount of data relevant to home land defense is massive,distributed and growing rapidly through the addition of high volumedata streams and feeds. This presents fundamentally new mathematicalchallenges. These relate to: 1) the real time and near real timedetection of significant events in high volume data streams; 2) theforensic analysis of massive amounts of archived data to uncoverpatterns and events of interest; and 3) the mining of distributeddata, which for a variety of reasons will never be centrallywarehoused. To complicate matters further, homeland defense mustconcern itself with a variety of different data types, including,signals, text, images, transaction data, streaming media, web data,and computer to computer traffic.
http://cryptome.org/math-spy.htm
Wednesday, May 8, 2002
Popular Posts
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
I'm always fascinated by ways to get stuff done, particularly at work. It's changed quite a bit since I've been in my current r...
-
Good, good movie in every sense of the term. 8/10. http://www.newvoyages.com
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...