Very well written account of the history of Einstein's last unconfirmed hypothesis: gravity waves. He postulated that they would be small but detectable and strangely enough be in the audio frequency range.
This book is lots of fun and gives an insider account of the still unfinished search for these waves. From the foibles of Joseph Weber's first mistaken reports of gravity wave detection to the construction of the massive $365M LIGO detector.
http://www.amazon.com/Einsteins-Unfinished-Symphony-Listening-Space-Time/dp/0425186202/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/102-2845328-8416163
Popular Posts
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
I had the pleasure to attend the IBM Think conference in wet and chilly San Fran from Feb 11-14th of this year. The event overall was ...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...