This is of course, not a stand-alone work of fiction. It is instead a collection of works, from the unfinished Dirk Gently novel "Salmon of Doubt" to Douglass many columns and letters. You get a much better perspective on who he is, how he thinks and what he finds important than you could get from his fiction. I laughed my way through this book but from time to time I stopped, stricken by great sadness that Douglas is dead now. It sounds excessive but I really do see him as one of the Great Minds of history. I respect him, his viewpoints and his work.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1400045088/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/104-7741374-0914311?v=glance&s=books&vi=customer-reviews
Sunday, August 17, 2003
Popular Posts
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
I had the pleasure to attend the IBM Think conference in wet and chilly San Fran from Feb 11-14th of this year. The event overall was ...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...