... kicks ass. Im about 2 hrs into the game and it rocks.Its not about the puzzles, playability, anything like that.The ambience of the game is nothing like Ive ever seen.Graphics are amazing. Not in a startlingly clear, well-rendered way, but in a gritty, messy way. Everything casts dynamic shadows (the game is very dark and you have a very small flashlight).But what gets you is the sound. I can only play the game for about an hour -- the game gets you after a while. Not in an annoying way, you become very anxious and jumpy. Its freaky. You have to play it on a big screen with surround sound in the dark to understand it.You know that feeling when you first watched blair witch? At the end?The whole game so far is like that.
http://www.konami.com/silenthill3/
Wednesday, August 27, 2003
Popular Posts
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
I had the pleasure to attend the IBM Think conference in wet and chilly San Fran from Feb 11-14th of this year. The event overall was ...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...