Alright, Im a dork. By sticking this project out on the Web Im coming out of the closet, so to speak. Im a classically trained geek-boy who has only enjoyed the company of women by the sheer grace of God. I might not be willing to touch a sci-fi convention with a 10-foot pole, but this work of dork-art more than makes up for it. But Im not here to tell you about my psychological issues. Im here cause of this beauty. The Concept Having perused LUGnet and Brickshelf many times in the past, I was very, very surprised to find that not a single person has ever completed a project quite like this. Legos? Star Trek? Hell, it was a matter of time. I guess I was the chosen one. The idea itself was not all that revolutionary. One day, bored, I asked myself: "If every floor of the Enterprise were one Lego-plate high, how big would that model get?" The answer was Pretty big, though as fate would have it, not so big that I was deterred from attempting the feat.
http://homepage.mac.com/happywaffle/enterprise.html
Thursday, November 28, 2002
Popular Posts
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
I had the pleasure to attend the IBM Think conference in wet and chilly San Fran from Feb 11-14th of this year. The event overall was ...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...