North Korea is boasting that it performed its first-ever nuclear weapons test today, saying it detonated a successful underground blast in a " great leap forward" - in defiance of international warnings.
The reported nuclear test sparked worldwide condemnation against the communist regime and concerns it could seriously destabilize the region, with even Pyongyang's ally China strongly opposing the move. The US called for immediate UN Security Council action, and along with Japan was expected to press for more sanctions on the impoverished North.
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article1822552.ece
Sunday, October 8, 2006
Popular Posts
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
I had the pleasure to attend the IBM Think conference in wet and chilly San Fran from Feb 11-14th of this year. The event overall was ...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...