Residents look at damage caused by U.S.-British airstrikes to an alleged United Nations building in Kabul, Afghanistan Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2001. The U.S. hit targets in Afghanistan and key installations of the Taliban regime with cruise missiles for the second night for harboring suspected terrorist Osama bin Laden. Officials at the scene said the victims of the Monday night bombing raid were U.N. workers who cleared anti-personnel mines in Kabul. Photo by Amir Shah.
http://news.excite.ca/photo/img/ap/afghanistan/attacks/20011009/kab101?r=/photo/ap/011009/08/news-attacks-rdp
Monday, October 8, 2001
Popular Posts
-
Somewhere along the way I learned about this magic trick. It was probably from one of those “Owl” magazines you used to get for free or an e...
-
Lots of funny stuff today. Tim, check this one. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3
-
I've learned a great many things over the past month... "friends" at work are not neccessarily friends, people you thought wer...
-
This is a very interesting read. I wouldn't call myself a scientist by any means, however I do think that this book collates and describ...
-
We see it doing its thing, starting to fight against ordinary gravity, Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute said about the ...
-
Some interesting tidbits about Lynchs Mulholland Drive , as well as David Bowies next movie apperance. http://www.crowdsurfer.com/index.php3...
-
I had the pleasure to attend the IBM Think conference in wet and chilly San Fran from Feb 11-14th of this year. The event overall was ...
-
The first thing that you have to know is this book is long. Too long, actually, but by less than you'd think at 933 pages (on my iPad). ...
-
Now ideas for advances in data routing are beginning to emerge from a surprisingly simple model: the ant.Indeed, applying the study of ants ...